Skip to main content

Alcohol Events on Campus

Sponsors/representatives of University events must seek written approval for the sale and serving of alcoholic beverages from the President at least two (2) weeks in advance of the event. The request will be reviewed to ensure the proposed event meets the requirements of state law and university policy. There will be no standing approvals. View Alcohol and/or Food Event Approval Form .

Alcohol Vendors

Minimum Insurance Requirements for Outside Vendors Providing Catering Services

Each insurance carrier must have an A.M. Best rating of B+ or better and a financial rating of VI or better for Commercial General Liability, Auto Liability, and Workers' Compensation, including Employer's Liability.

If vendor will serve alcohol, they must complete an Illinois State University Approved Food and Alcohol Vendor Certification Form.

Type of Insurance Minimum Coverage
Commercial General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence
$2,000,000 aggregate
Auto Liability $1,000,000 combined single limit
Liquor Liability (if applicable) $1,000,000 per occurrence
Workers' Compensation Statutory
Employer's Liability (not required of sole proprietors) $500,000

"The Board of Trustees of Illinois State University" must be added as an "additional insured" on the Caterer's commercial general liability policy and shall apply in proportion to and to the extent of the negligent acts or omissions of the non-University party or any person or persons under the non-University parties' direct supervision and control.

In addition, the caterer must be in compliance with all public health permits and/or liquor licenses, and catering staff must have completed TIPS/BASSET training. The University may request a copy of any health permit and/or liquor license.

Approved Alcohol Vendors for Catering at the University

  • Baxter's American Grille
  • Epiphany Farms
  • Event Management, Dining and Hospitality (EMDH)
  • Nelson's Catering
  • RedBird Catering
  • Sodexo (Designated areas of all athletic facilities and venues)