Skip to main content

Student Resources

The mission of the Illinois State University Office of Risk Management is to protect the school’s assets. Students are the University’s greatest asset, so we created a page that is designed to be a resource guide for students engaging in any activity that deals with events, insurance and risk management at Illinois State.

Campus Safety and Security

Illinois State University is committed to providing a secure and welcoming campus environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors. This page provides information about crime reporting, safety and security initiatives, including Redbird Safe Walk, emergency alerts, emergency preparedness, and other reports that deal with campus safety. Agency links are listed on the webpage for viewers to access other government entity safety information, including McLean County, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, FEMA, and Homeland Security. Click here to access Campus Safety and Security.

Driving for the University

University owned vehicles are to be driven only by licensed University employees, which means students can only drive University vehicles if they are acting within the scope of their employment with the University. Any trips involving students must have a graduate assistant, faculty or staff member accompanying the travel. A University employee must drive the vehicle unless a written exception is received from a vice president or designee. For more information on Illinois State Motor Pool Policies, please visit the Facilities site.

Dean of Students Office

Through a variety of services, solutions, and support, the Dean of Students Office helps students apply what they learn in the classroom to real-life situations. Whether you're interested in in joining or starting a registered student organization, participating in service learning experiences, or seeking to develop your leadership skills, the Dean of Students Office can help you discover your passion at Illinois State. They also serve as a student support network by providing advocacy, problem resolution, and crisis intervention for those times when additional support is needed.

Student Health Insurance

The University provides a group policy (Hospital-Medical-Surgical) to students. Contact the Student Insurance Division of Student Health Services for more information.

Mercer – "Campus Connexions"

Mercer (a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies) offers various forms of coverage to students, alumni, faculty, staff, and retirees for campus related insurance needs through the "Campus Connexions" program. Some of the coverages include: travel/study abroad, tuition refund insurance, laptop and renters insurance, and many more. To learn more about Mercer and the products offered, you can visit their website.


Similarly, URMIA TULIP offers various forms of coverage to students, student groups and other parties with campus-related insurance needs. To learn more about URMIA TULIP and the products offered, you can visit their website.